I am obsessed with all things undead and fanged.
I have no idea. All I DO know is that I’ve been anticipating the Oct. 11 premiere of Vampire Diaries like a choc-o-holic’s field trip the the Hershey factory. I’ve been anticipating this even more than the final chapter of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 which comes out on November 16…and yes…my friend Lela and I will be there for the first show with all the other Twi-moms.
But honestly…in my humble, housewife opinion…Vampire Diaries KICKS TWILIGHT’S ICE COLD ASS!
Maybe now that Bella is finally a vampire and so, isn’t so “fragile”, Edward will finally lose the pained, angst-filled, “I have to take a giant crap but I can’t” look and lighten up a bit. The Cullen’s have GOT to be sick of saving her (Bella’s) ass all the time and maybe, just maybe, we’ll see her actually smile…a real smile!
However, The Cullens are no match for the sexy Salvatore brothers – sure, Stefan is a bit of a brooder but not to the extent of Edward. And Damon…he’s hot, he’s funny, he’s a bit bad (but in a good way) – what’s not to love?
Elena vs. Bella: both a bit “helpless” and in constant need of being protected which is somewhat annoying (why can’t we throw a Katniss into the mix? Now THAT would be interesting) but I find Elena less annoying than Bella. Elena appears to have a life outside of her vampire loves – her friends and brother – but Bella wants NOTHING but the Cullens.
The other characters on Vampire Diaries add a lot to the show as well – Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Tyler, Matt etc – that keeps it fun and keeps us engaged. I care about those characters as much as Elena, Stefan and Damon.
Sorry…I just don’t find the Cullens all that interesting. So Carlyle dies…what the hell did he add anyway.
ATTENTION: SPOILER ALERT!
So…for those like me who can’t wait for Thursday’s premiere, here’s a little bit of what to expect this season plus a sneak peek at the premiere episode:
* The way in which Elena remembers one of the memories Damon compelled her to forget is quite visually clever. If the intent was to catch viewers off-guard, well done!
* There is a lot of squabbling-sibling drama, and it’s not all relegated to Damon and Stefan.
* Bonnie’s a bit of a badass in the season opener. But it’ll cost her big time, in a way that’s pretty surprising.
* Let’s just say you don’t need sex to have a sexy (and somewhat disturbing) Damon-and-Elena scene.
* A tender moment between Stefan and Elena manages to thaw even Rebekah’s heart.
* Caroline and Tyler just can’t keep their clothes on.
* Elena’s failure to keep down animal blood provides for some truly gross scenes. It also makes her resort to something that doesn’t make Stefan very happy.
* Mystic Falls returning resident April (Grace Phipps) needs a hug for many reasons.
* Damon’s still saving a seat at the bar. Sniff.